Small Diameter Water Main Replacement Project - Bloomingdale
DC Water will replace the existing 8 and 12-inch cast iron water mains in the Bloomingdale area as part of its Capital Improvement Program. These efforts will improve water quality and system reliability, increase water pressure, and maintain adequate flows.
Scope of work
- Installation of approximately 3,500 linear feet of 8 inch water main
- Installation of approximately 1,100 linear feet of 12 inch water main
- Replacement of service lines (lead and/or other) in public space, as needed
- Replacement of lead service lines in private space, if the homeowner participates
- Replacement of fire hydrants and valves
- Restoration of roadways and/or sidewalks
- Construction start: October 2016
- Construction completion: Construction completed
(final restoration pending mid spring 2017)
- Normal work hours: 10:00am – 4:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Contractor may work at night or on weekends, dependent upon other construction activities as needed or due to inclement weather
- If a planned temporary water service shut-off is necessary, affected residents will be notified 48 hours in advance. Service interruptions will be minimal.
- Construction may cause temporary discolored water or low water pressure. If you experience discolored water, flush cold water taps for 15 minutes. If water does not clear, contact the DC Water Drinking Water Division or 24-Hour Emergency/ Command Center.
- Lane closures may be required daily with approved traffic plans by the District Department of Transportation (DDOT).
- Notifications regarding “No-Parking” zones will be posted 72 hours prior to construction, as required by DDOT.